Dania Beach Drainage Improvements – West Lake City of Dania Beach
The PDS professional staff was tasked with the required site permitting through the City of Dania Beach, South Florida Water Management District, Army Corps of Engineers and Broward County Environmental Protection Department. The project included design calculations for the stormwater management pumping system, as well as the associated drainage wells and exfiltration trench.
The neighbourhood located west of West Lake is a low-lying community just several inches above sea level and suffers from intense flooding during times of heavy rains coinciding with high tides. The project included the drainage system including drainage wells, exfiltration trench, piping and master drainage pumps discharging into the existing West Lake. This neighbourhood, of over 500 acres (roughly three quarters of a square mile), is a high-profile area that has been the subject of many news reports over the past several years.
This project included:
- Provide analysis of existing aged and failing drainage system
- Provide Engineering design documents for the development drainage system
- Drainage design of the storm water management system including pipe sizing and flood routing calculations
- Pump Station design calculations
- Obtain permits through the governmental agencies
- Attend community meetings with residents and City Staff